Date: Thursday, September 14, 2017
Location: 3114 South St. Lakewood 90712
What is the WEST Fair?
We would like to give your family a first hand look at what Boy Scouting is all about! The Webelos to Scout Transition Fair will give you a preview of 10+ different Troops in our community. This is a great way to visit with Scouts and parents from other troops. Also a good way to find the best fit for you and your Webelos Scout.
Adventure and excitement ahead
Trust us, the fun is only beginning. Joining the Boy Scouts after Webelos is a whole new game!
The first part of the evening will be a discussion on how to choose a troop;
1. What are the things that you should be looking for when selecting a troop
2. How does the Boy Scout program differ from Cub Scouting
3. How do I, the parent, get involved
The second part of the evening will be a Troop display where you can;
1. See the Troops of Long Beach Area Council who are looking for Webelos to join their unit.
2. The Boy Scouts and Scout Leaders will set up a 10x10 booth with informational handouts about their troop
3. Leaders and youth will answer your questions
4. They will have dates that you can come visit the troop along with a troop calendar so you know what your Webelos will have an opportunity to do in the unit.
Why should I go?
As you look back at all the exciting times your family has had thus far we hope that you and your son are looking forward to the next adventure in Boy Scouting.
The Boy Scout Program is for youth 11 - 18 years old that are looking for adventure, leadership opportunities, and hands on learning. This program is focused on helping young boys turn into amazing young men with the use of the outdoors and merit badge programs.